The Internship Program
At Alfaisal University, it is our policy to provide students with high-quality real-world experience through enabling them to apply for and take up extended internship work placements with selected external partner companies. These internship placements allow students to benefit from deploying, displaying, and further developing relevant skills and capabilities required for job success and career advancement within their particular areas of interest and expertise. The internship program is designed to provide business students with practical, on-the-job experiences which can contribute to their academic and career development. Internship can be completed in or out of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
The internship is mandatory for all undergraduate students. No own family business or self-business experience counts as an internship. Undergraduate students can start their internship after completing 95 credit hours. The internship must be done during the 7th semester (one semester before graduating). COB undergraduate students must complete 4 months (600 hours) of internship work in equivalent of 12 credits.
Here are the required steps for completing the internship process:
- Students schedule a meeting with COB Internship Program coordinator to discuss internship requirements and prerequisites.
- Students prepare their CVs and complete the internship Application form. Students submit both required documents, in addition to their transcripts, to COB Internship Program coordinator.
- COB Internship Program coordinator will meet with students to discuss their CVs, application forms, and preferred target work companies.
- COB Internship Program coordinator will contact companies to place students into internship experience.
- Students and company work supervisor complete Statement of Objectives (Form A).
- Once the forms are received and approved, students will be given a signed permission to start their internship.
- Weekly reports are required on the tasks performed during the internship. COB Internship Program coordinator keeps contacts with students to discuss ways to improve their performance on the job.
- Upon completion of the work experience, the student intern work supervisor will evaluate the intern's performance using (Form B) and send it directly to COB Internship Program coordinator.
- Each student intern prepares a final report which summarizes and evaluates the Internship experience. Students present their final reports to COB Internship Program coordinator in addition to two other College of Business Faculty.
- Academic credit will not be given simply for good performance on the job. Rather, academic credit will be awarded based on evidence that the student has received a valuable educational experience which complements classroom learning.
- Issuance of Internship completion certificate, signed by COB Dean, to students who successfully complete the internship assignment.
Alfaisal University has worked with many national and international organizations to hire College of Business student interns. Organizations that have hired our student interns include:
Here are some samples of what our students are saying about their internship experience:
- Saudi Arabia Oil Co. (ARAMCO)
- Saudi Basic Industries Co. (SABIC)
- Ernst & Young
- Saudi American Bank (SAMBA)
"I would describe my experience at KPMG as enlightening, not just in matter of applying what I have learned in class, but even in sense of how to be out there in the real world."
Faisal Alshbaily/Student Intern
"Aramco was an appropriate choice for me to complete my internship since I am a project management student. I was assigned to King Abdullah Petroleum Studies and a Research Center Project."
Mohaimeed Bagabas/Student Intern