Vision & Mission
We aspire to become the leader in business research and education in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and the MENA region.
MissionCoB develops business leaders through quality education, research excellence, and fostering partnerships with local and international stakeholders.
- Providing students with the necessary knowledge and skills to succeed in a highly competitive global marketplace.
- Pushing the frontiers of business knowledge, creating new opportunities, promoting economic growth and business sustainability.
- Educating the next generation of business leaders and pioneers that dream big, take risk, and shape the future of the ever-changing business landscape.
- Connecting with the Kingdom’s ongoing economic changes and promoting entrepreneurship and innovation.
- Quality: Our commitment to excellence reflects our passion for high quality and going beyond expectations.
- Integrity: We value personal integrity, holding ourselves to high ethical and professional standards, transparency, and taking responsibility for our actions.
- Diversity: We take pride in our College culture that promotes inclusiveness and prepares young men and women alike regardless of their background and economic status to be the next generation of business and community leaders.
- Collegiality: We are committed to a collegial system in which proposed policies and changes are institutionalized, principle-based, and consistent with our vision and strategic objectives.
- Engagement: Building strong relationships with our alumni, business and professional communities, and other stakeholders.
The College of Business at Alfaisal University is a young and fast-growing institution. It started in the fall
of 2008 with 24 freshman male and female students, and with its first cohort of male and female MBA
students in the fall of 2010. It offers a vibrant undergraduate business administration degree that is grounded
in liberal arts with six majors (Accounting, Entrepreneurship and Family Business, Finance, Human
Resources Management, Marketing, and Operations and Project Management). The college also offers an
MBA program that emphasizes digital management and is directed toward middle managers. It has six
tracks: MBA- General, MBA-Accounting/Taxation, MBA-Finance, MBA-Healthcare Management, MBAHuman
Capital Management, and MBA-Digital Marketing. The College, as part of its commitment to
serving the community, also offers an active Executive Education program. The College's pioneering
curriculum and its diverse faculty are attracting the best and the brightest students in the Kingdom of Saudi
Arabia. Students learn from distinguished scholars and practitioners who have excellent academic
Students, at the College of Business, learn the skills necessary to confront and manage the challenges of modern businesses. They are well trained to recognize change and growth and equipped with the right skills to deal with them. In-class lectures and case analysis, executive lectures involving well-accomplished executives and government officials, and internship experiences with diverse businesses give students the edge needed to help companies compete in today's global marketplace. It graduates leaders with exceptional abilities to manage and sustain growth in public and private organizations through critical thinking, analytical decision-making, information technology, and collaborative execution. Through such a wellrounded education, Alfaisal business students become not only leaders of profitable family enterprises and public corporations but, also, capable societal leaders contributing to the growth and development of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and the region. They are well suited for the operationalization of the Saudi 2030 Vision.
College of Business Approach
- Maintaining a small class size in order to maximize student participation inside the classroom and faculty/student interaction.
- Using problem-based pedagogy including case studies and experiential learning activities.
- Curriculum grounded in liberal arts education that promotes independence and critical thinking.
- Helping students to develop quantitative, technological, and leadership competencies.
- Encouraging student participation in learning outside the classroom through Business Club activities, internships, research projects, field trips, and so on.
- Working closely with the local business community to ensure the relevance of student learning opportunities.
- Conducting high quality research with applicability to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and the global business community.
- Engaging in selective consulting projects to increase faculty and student exposure to significant business and development issues inside the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- Connect students to the business and public communities through an active Executive Lecture Series and at least a four-months internship program.
National and International Recognition
The College of Business (CoB) programs are approved and recognized by the Ministry of Education in Saudi Arabia. Alfaisal University opened its doors for instructions in 2008. Despite its young age, Alfaisal University (AU) is recognized as one of the best universities in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA). Many of our students, including graduates of the CoB, are regularly accepted in top international universities around the world and many are currently pursuing their graduate degrees. The CoB is an active member of the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) and, recently, fulfilled the AACSB eligibility requirements for working toward AACSB full accreditation within the next few years. Only 6% of business schools worldwide hold AACSB accreditation. The College of Business was featured in Newsweek as one of the ten Leading Business Schools in 2017; please see the link http://www.newsweek.com/insights/leading-business-schools-2017/alfaisal-university.