Vision & Mission
College of Business Vision
We aspire to become the leader in business research and education in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and the MENA region.
College of Business Mission
Our mission is to develop business leaders through research excellence, quality education, and fostering partnerships with local and international communities.
In this context, quality education means
- Providing our students with the necessary knowledge and skills to succeed in a highly competitive
- Pushing the frontiers of business knowledge, creating new opportunities, promoting economic
growth and business sustainability.
- Educating the next generation of business leaders and pioneers that dream big, take risk, and shape
the future of the ever-changing business landscape.
- Promoting entrepreneurship and innovation.
College of Business Values
Excellence: our commitment to excellence reflects our passion for high quality and for always going
- Integrity: personal integrity, holding ourselves to the highest ethical standards, and taking
responsibility for our actions.
- Gender diversity: we take tremendous pride in our College culture that promotes inclusiveness and
gender diversity through preparing young men and women alike regardless of their background and
economic status to be the next generation of business and community leaders.
- Collegiality and self-governance: we are committed to a collegial, self-governance system in which
proposed new policies and changes are institutionalized, principle- based driven, well-informed by
our vision and consistent with our values and strategic objectives.
- Transparency and accountability: we conduct ourselves with full disclosure, openness, and candor.
We seek feedback and wisdom from all directions and take responsibility for our actions and
- Engagement: Building strong relationships with our alumni, business and professional communities, and other stakeholders and taking leadership in issues that matter to them.
College of Business Approach
- Maintaining a small class size in order to maximize student participation inside the classroom and
- Using problem-based pedagogy including case studies and experiential learning activities..
- Encouraging student participation in service learning outside the classroom through Business Club
activities, internships, research projects, and so on..
- Helping students to develop quantitative, technological, and leadership competencies..
- Working closely with the local business community to ensure the relevance of student learning
- Conducting high quality research with applicability to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and the global
- Engaging in selective consulting projects to increase faculty and student exposure to significant
business and development issues inside the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
National and International Recognition
The College of Business (CoB) programs are approved and well recognized by the Ministry of Education (formerly MOHE) in Saudi Arabia; and these programs are recognized internationally. In fact Alfaisal University (AU) is being recognized, in spite of its young age (as it opened its doors for instructions in 2008), as one of the best universities in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA). Many of our students, including graduates of CoB, have been accepted in top international universities around the world and are currently pursuing their graduate degrees: Masters and PhD. Also, CoB is an active member of Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) and the college is currently working toward achieving AACSB accreditation within the next few years. Only 6% of business schools worldwide hold AACSB accreditation.